Industrial monuments

Weaving Mill Cammann & Co

Weaving Mill Cammann & Co

The Mill was established in expressionist style in 1925/26 by the architect Willy Schönfeld and became the first tower block in Chemnitz.

The eight-floor-building has a height of 40 metres and is toped by a spire. The folding of the facade and the grooved plaster support the vertical arrangement.

It was restored in 1996. The mill is still in use and produces furnishings and decorative fabrics. The building is located in Blankenauer Street 74.

 

quick links:


calendar of events

Mo
Di
Mi
Do
Fr
Sa
So
4 Wochen anzeigenKalender - Wochenansicht und Monatsansicht umschalten